National Crime Tips - National Tipster is a legit company

4.8
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

I had a call from National Tipster around August 2013, the sales person was courteous. A few days later I received a UPS package.

I paid $250 to them and there is an email address I sent my business logo to. A few months later I received a magazine and my ad was in it. I am a pretty content customer.

They lived up to what they said over the phone.

As a matter of fact, I paid a lot of other non-profit organizations in the past and this is the only one so far that's sent me some kind of proof of what I paid for. I am satisfied with how my advertisement looked in this magazine.

Product or Service Mentioned: National Crime Tips Sales Representative.

Reason of review: Good customer service.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 28, 2016.

Comments

Downey, California, United States #1283446

The Sales Rep helped me to follow up my business license status , they don't have to do it but they did a huge favor for me, I got their phone number , when i need help I will reach out .

National Crime Tipster Unfairly Bashed by Police and Sheriff

The National Crime Tipster was recently accused by Jackson Hole Police as having received complaints regarding bogus solicitation activity for their annual police and sheriff yearbook publication. National Tipster, an organization which works closely with police & sheriff organizations nationwide, provides a completely anonymous forum in which individuals may safely report criminal activity and potentially earn rewards upon conviction.

The Jackson Hole Police Department is utilizing the internet in which to post damaging and potentially false information indicating bogus solicitation efforts on the part of National Crime Tipster. The information presented suggests local residents have submitted complaints regarding National Tipster's efforts to raise reward capital for convicted crime tippers by way of discounted ad space in their annual police, sheriff and firefighter's yearbook publication.

The information presented completely contradicts the actions, intent and reputation of National Crime Tipster and is presented arbitrarily and vague; in a manner that evades any potential for verification of authenticity. To post any such information which can be fabricated by any number of individuals, which cannot be verified and thus remedied, and which draws negative public opinion without due process and a basic level of fairness to National Tipster, is an unacceptable course of judgment by the Jackson Hole Police Department.

Contrary to the information provided, National Tipster is available at the posted numbers and is not under investigation by Burbank Police. They continue to work with police and sheriff departments on a community level and invite the assistance of the public at large in reporting criminal activity while potentially earning reward money upon conviction.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 06, 2010.

Comments

Redding, California, United States #805029

I just want to explain why the national tipster seems weird. They call saying they are involved with your local police department.

As if to say they are that police department. They ask for money and have te UPS person pick it up when they deliver a package. They also just take credit cards on the phone and try do not want you to go talk to the police department themself. It seems a little weird to have a UPS person pick up a check on behalf of the police department.

I have been doing research online and they seem like a legit organization. But they are not very good at explaining themselves over the phone and I think they were misleading in their information.

Folks, the police don't WANT citizen tips on crimes! Then they'd actually have to leave the donut shop and do some work. They'd rather you all just stay quiet about what you know -- less paperwork for them.

National Tipster is just another company being victimized by the unmoderated online revolution of opinions and subjective information. Jackson Police probably doesn't like companies like this which use innovative approaches like this to help solve crimes and bring about greater community awareness. National Crime Tipster needs to just keep doing what they're doing and not pay any attention to stuff like this!

National Crime Tipster works with the police and sheriff! That's strange that the Jackson Police would post something like this.

View more comments